Hi, I'm new to this forum and I know this question has been asked before, but since every situation is different, I was hoping someone would be able to help me out.

I have done the whole switching lines thing successfully when I got my S4 almost 2 years ago but I've heard that Verizon has gotten more strict since then. I also have a new issue because of the switch from a micro to nano SIM card.

I want to upgrade my Galaxy S4 to an S6. I currently have the Verizon Nationwide Talk and Text Share 2000 plan. We have 4 lines on our plan and they are as follows:

Line 1: Unlimited data (upgrade available now)
    Line 2: Unlimited data (upgrade available now)
    Line 3: Smart phone with 2GB of data (upgrade in September)
    Line 4: basic phone (upgrade July 7th 2015).

I heard the best method is to do this through Best Buy. If I am correct, I would follow these steps:

1. Transfer the upgrade from line 1 to line 4 using the Best Buy website? Or line 3? Is it better to transfer to a smart phone line or to a basic line?
    2. Buy the S6 on line 4
    3. Get it shipped to my home address (not in-store pickup)
    4. Do not turn on the device and remove the pre-installed SIM card
    5. insert my old SIM card into the S6 and activate it on line 4
    6. Make calls and send texts for a couple of hours
    7. Power it off and transfer back the basic phone to line 4
    8. Activate the S6 on my line (line 1)

Would this work?
    My other question is that since my S4 has a mico SIM card and the S6 has a nano SIM card, am I able to ask Verizon for a new nano SIM card (and say I bought a phone from a friend) and then transfer the data from my old SIM card to my new SIM card without losing any of my data? What step of the plan would I do that on?

My last question is if I am transferring my upgrade from line 1 to line 4, will both lines have to wait 2 years for a new upgrade? Or will line 4 still have its planned upgrade in September? If transferring my upgrade to that line means I am essentially losing 2 upgrades for 1, is it even worth it?

I'm sorry this post is so long but I wanted to be as specific as possible. If someone would be so kind to tell me exactly what to do and as specifically as possible in my situation I would be very thankful. (I mean explain this as if I were 5 haha)

Thank you!!
    04-17-2015 12:46 PM