I dropped my nexus 4 into the toilet. It still works okay but has been buggy ever since. i just orgered a nexus 5 to replace my buggy 4. I have two questions: 1) Is imporant to buy a new sim card instead of using one that went toilet with phone and; 2) if so, are they able take everything off this and put on one?
    04-17-2015 01:12 PM
    1) There should be nothing on the SIM card but your account information (basically the SIM card number - all the rest is in a database at the carrier's office and is linked to that number).

2) You can carefully use a few ounces of warm water and a drop or two of dishwashing liquid. mix thoroughly. Then dip your finger into the solution and carefully wipe both faces and all 4 edges of the card, keeping your finger wet and slippery. (Dip it back into the solution if it stops being slippery.)

Then dip the card into alcohol to cover (plain old rubbing alcohol), and swish it around. Change your grip, so the parts you were holding and swish it some more. Let the card dry and it should be fine.

3) If you don't want to go to the trouble, and your carrier doesn't charge for SIM cards (most of them don't, most MVNOs do), just bring the Nexus 5 in when you get it and tell them that you'd like to do an equipment swap. If the new phone comes with a SIM card, they may use that one, or they may give you a new one. Equipment swaps are no big deal for the associates in any carrier store.
    04-17-2015 05:15 PM