I am thinking of buying a high end phone, but cannot decide which. What are your suggestions?

A

AC Question

Greetings,

I am thinking of buying a high end phone and I am stuck between HTC One M8 32 GB, HTC One E8, Samsung S5 32 GB, SAMSUNG G850 Galaxy Alpha 32 GB and Sony Xperia Z3 compact. My criteria are as follows:

-I would like to have an internal storage of 32 GB since I suffered a lot due to this problem on my 16 GB Galaxy Note tablet.
-The HTC One M8 is a great phone; however, the resolution of its camera is too low compared to other contemporary smartphones and the alternative HTC One E8 lacks in internal memory since it only offers a 16 GB memory version.
-Call quality and screen size is also important for me I do not want any screen larger than 5 inches as I am going to carry it in my pocket.
-Galaxy Alpha is nice in all these regards, but as I read on many review sites it offers a short battery life which is one of my concerns. Since it is already 32 GB its lacking of a microSD card slot is not a big concern here.
-Z3 compact is good overall, but as I saw it in some store the build quality is not that good and it offers an internal storage of 16 GB.
-Is it possible without rooting to move applications to SD card in Android 4.4?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.

Something to keep in mind about the M8 (I have one, and I like it) is the fact that the speakers give it some extra height. Your prerequisite about screen size suggests to me you are wanting to keep your device in a certain size range.

I think the camera is going to be better than what you may give it credit for. I can upload a couple shots in a few minutes. Can it take pictures worthy of being printed and framed? Most likely, no. Are they good enough to post on Facebook and Instagram? Most likely.

I have always wanted to try a Sony. I can't wait to get my hands on one. From what I have seen, people tend to like the Z3 compact.

As far as apps to SD, only a portion of the app data can be moved, and that is still up to the developer. If they don't code the app to allow data to be moved, it can't.

One counter question: Do you have problems with running low on storage?