Anytime I try to do any kind of storage analyzing, the phone restarts, it's a rooted HTC M7, and it's been rooted for about a month and a half I think, and I didn't start having these problems until today. I've tried using the internal storage analyzing feature in the settings, two different cleaner apps, (The Cleaner, and CCleaner) and it simply restarts when they try to analyze the internal storage. I thought maybe it could be some kind of courrupted cache or something, but I can't go in and wipe app caches, because it restarts.

I'm fairly knowledgeable when it comes to tech stuff, but in terms of rooted devices specifically, I'm still learning things, so any help or advice would be appreciated, I'm not sure that it's related to the root though.
    04-18-2015 12:19 PM
    A rooted phone and a Linux computer are about the same thing (rooting just puts su back - Google left it out [it also adds a root manager, instead of asking for a password every time you run su, and sometimes adds busybox to replace other functions Google left out]) so think Linux.

You can clear each app's cache individually with Application manager, but I don't think it's corrupted app caches that's causing the problem (not that I have any idea what is causing it, but a corrupted app cache shouldn't cause a restart).

I don't know about The Cleaner, but I trust CCleaner - been using it for a long time.
    04-18-2015 06:23 PM