Yesterday I randomly opened Gallery on my Samsung Galaxy S4 to show a picture and notice about 15 folders I had created over a year ago were not there. Most of these folders that had disappeared are on the SD card but a few are also stored on my phone.

Here's the kicker: the folders that were displayed most are on my phone but several are stored on my SD card.

I then went to My Files and I could find every folder I had created and every picture opened without problems.

Upon reading into this I saw many suggestions for Quickpic, which I downloaded but have the exact same results. I then created all new folders on my computer, transfered them over to my wiped SD card and still have the same issue. Can someone PLEASE HELP????

please note: I have turned my phone on and off, unmounted and remounted my SD card, cleaned the SD card and did a soft reset. NOTHING WORKED!
    04-18-2015 02:33 PM
    There are a couple of possibilities. Check folder and file names for the first character being a dot. That makes the file or the entire folder and everything in it invisible to Media Scanner (My Files shows invisible files).

Also check the folders for a file named .nomedia. That tells Media Scanner to not scan that folder.

Apps like Gallery and QuickPic show the files that Media Scanner finds, so if it can't see a folder (it's invisible) or it can't scan a folder (.nomedia is in it), the apps won't show pictures in there.
    04-18-2015 02:54 PM