I am looking for a (smart)watch for my Dad (75, Parkinson's with cognitive decline) so he is reminded to take his meds on time. Currently he is using an old iphone with 6 daily alarms with the label/text giving him instructions as to which pill he should take but he never carries it around with him (&battery/buttons dodgy)

He needs identical functionality but I was surprised that the label/text part isn't available out of the box on android wear.

He has a recent model android tablet but would be outside bluetooth reach most of time. I would use tablet to enter alarmschedule+texts (is same every day). Once programmed the watch should work without being paired (also outside house, where he uses old-style mobile phone).

I am considering buying him an LG G watch R. I think I will need to add 'Alarm for android wear' app to get the standalone functionality combined with the text reminder part. Any pitfalls or problems to be foreseen? The app description & review seems a good match but the label part of the functionality isn't shown on any screenshot, so if someone could confirm how the label is shown that would be awesome.

Final question: any pointers for diy/custom android wearable app?
    Many thanks in advance.
    04-19-2015 08:21 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I am tempted to say my Moto 360 tells me of calendar reminders even when not connected to my watch. I can't confirm as I just haven't really paid attention.
    04-19-2015 08:24 AM