Does the Galaxy Alpha come with a Screen Protector Pre-Fitted?

A

AC Question

So I was using an App with a white background (Gmail, Google etc) when I noticed a bit of dust on my screen. I tried to brush it off but I couldn't feel anything there and it wouldn't brush off

My first thought was that I had somehow micro-fractured the screen underneath. But then i thought, no - that's stupid. The mark in question was a tiny S-shape and did that multi-coloured strand thing that hairs do on a white, bright background (cracks don't usually do this). It definitely looked like a tiny hair or bit of dust

I turned the device sideways and noticed that over the glass was some kind of hard-adhesed film. I noticed that this film was slightly off-set on the screen, not quite perfectly lined up with a definite edge. It's really thin but seems to be glued on like a sucker

I thought, yeah this is probably the layer that the dust is stuck behind. But how do i remove and/or clean it?

My question is - what is this layer? I haven't seen it on other phones. Looks like a pre-added screen protector but stuck on hard as nails...

Thanks!

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
New from 3. It's not refurbished, I don't think (far too clean and undamaged). But I can certainly tell there's something adhesed over the glass! And potentially, bits behind that

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Phones sometimes have a plastic screen protector on them new, out of the box, though some are obviously not meant to be left on. I think it's unlikely that a protector applied at the factory would be misaligned, and very unlikely that there would be dust under it.
A plastic protector, if it's been applied normally, is usually easily removed by lifting at one corner, carefully using a sharp edge if necessary. It can also be washed both sides to remove dust before reapplying, though it may be easier to buy a new one.
If the protector is glass, it may be harder to remove.
To be certain that there is a protector on there, check for cut-outs for the camera lens etc.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair