Why do I have problems with my SCH-i405?

A

AC Question

So, I've had my Stratosphere (SCH-i405) replaced more than once, but I still have issues with it. There's often a lag or delay between when I press the "call" button, and when the phone actually starts making the call. It's also slow and buggy in general. Is there a good way to fix this?

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Considering that it's a 3-1/2 year old phone, designed to run Gingerbread, it's to be expected that it's going to be laggy with current apps. They're designed to run on phones with at least 2GB of RAM and your phone has 512MB of RAM. So there's lots of app killing and loading as you do things (kind of like Windows swapping programs to the hard drive when there's not enough RAM). There's no way to "fix" it. Most phones work well for about 2 years, flagships may hold up for 3 to 3-1/2 years, but eventually all phones "run out of steam" and have to be replaced even if they're running well otherwise. (I still keep a Motorola V-551 running, just in case I need a cheap-to-replace phone in a hurry. It makes phone calls. It even has a camera. [It was one of he first phones to have one.] But I wouldn't think of using it as my daily driver.

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
You can try rooting your device and giving it a slight overclock with an app like SetCPU if you are confident. There may also be custom launchers you can download which are more lightweight.

Use a task-manager like app to discern which apps or software elements are eating up your RAM and address those areas directly

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome