it does have an sd card, the new phone is a samsung galaxy ace, it has an sd card slot
    04-19-2015 12:18 PM
    If you have saved contacts to your Google account, which I highly recommend, the contacts will automatically download to the new phone once you add your Google account to it.

If you have not saved contacts to Google the steps below will export contacts from the old phone and import them to Google for backup and transfer to your new phone.

This is the basic steps to export contacts as a .vcf file, import them to Google (aka Gmail) contacts and then send them to another device. The exact steps may be somewhat different for your device. Consult your user manual for details.

1. Open the Contacts app and tap Menu.
    2. Select Import/export, then Export to storage.
    3. A box will open with the location the .vcf file will be exported to. Write it down. Proceed with exporting contacts.
    4. Transfer the .vcf file to a computer or cloud storage for upload to Google. Or, upload can be done directly from the phone.
    5. Log into your Google account and open Contacts. If you are uploading directly from the phone, you will need the desktop version of the Contacts webpage in your phone browser. You cannot use the mobile version.
    6. Click on More. In the drop-down list select Import.
    7. In the next box select Browse. Navigate to the exported .vcf file and select it. Click on Import.
    8. Once your Google account is added to the desired device, sync contacts.

If you do not want to upload your contacts to Google, transfer the .vcf file to the new phone by computer, cloud storage or swapping the SD card and import to your Contacts app.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    04-19-2015 12:45 PM
    the old phone will not turn on, no did not save to google, when i put the old sd card into the new phone & tried to inport from sd it says: "no vcard files found on sd card"
    04-19-2015 01:25 PM
    If you did not save contacts to Google, did not have other backups and the phone won't turn on at all, then I don't know how you can recover your contacts.

This is a good example of why I always advise saving to a Google account.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    04-19-2015 01:39 PM
    i have another phone like the dead one that wont turn on, Do you think if i took the sd card out of the dead one and put it in the one that works the contacts will be there ??
    04-19-2015 02:10 PM
    it didn't work, thanks for your help
    04-19-2015 02:25 PM
    I have a sunset from straight talk how do I get my contact
    08-25-2016 07:41 PM