About a week back, I woke up in the morning to find that my (rooted) tablet had a some random, but legit apps (like paytm, quickr, snapdeal, etc. - I live in India) installed on it, without me ever actively installing them.

The most worrying thing of all was that these apps had added themselves on the 'my apps' list in play store, even though I had never browsed these apps with my account.

After some messing around, I found that these apps were downloaded to a folder in internal storage called .android_data, and that no matter how many times I deleted that folder, it kept returning and installing more of the same apps. Another thing I saw was that these apps installed themselves in batches, together.

One last thing I have noticed since this started is the error - "com.android.download has stopped working" frequently appearing - I'm sure this has something to do with this whole mess.

I removed the apps from play store, uninstalled them, but they keep on installing themselves again and again, and I'm desperate for some help.
    04-19-2015 12:20 PM
    Download titanium backup and use its "freeze" feature to freeze the apps out of your apps drawer and immobilise them. They won't be re installed because they're still on device, but they won't be able to operate or do anything

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-19-2015 01:27 PM