I been using EvolveSMS and love the look but I am very frustrated with the mms support. I am using a LG G3 on T-Mobile
    04-19-2015 01:30 PM
    I'm kind of on the hunt for a new SMS as well. I really liked Handcent until they started with the ads. Guess I could pay for it but I'm frugal that way. Every couple of years I try Go SMS and each time I run into a new reason not to like it, or use it. I know it's popular with a lot of support but for me it's lacking something. Tried Chomp for about 2 hours, no go, and I am trying Textra. It's just taking some getting used to after being a Handcent user for so long. Still really just feeling my way around the app. I'll see what other suggestions you get and see if any of them better suit my wants, and maybe you can try the ones I've mentioned, if you haven't already and see if they suit you. For me I seen lots of suggestions, but really the only way to know is to try them out, even if it's only for a couple of hours. Lol
    04-19-2015 02:02 PM
    For MMS issues, check your APN settings and make sure they match up with the carrier's configuration. That has messed me up for years. I just ran into this issue again and I found the correct APN settings and my MMS issue is fixed.
    04-19-2015 02:29 PM
    I used 8SMS for a while but I'm back to the stock Messaging app. Tried Textra too - I'm not a fan of the material look.
    tube517 and VidJunky like this.
    04-19-2015 03:10 PM
    I used 8SMS for a while but I'm back to the stock Messaging app. Tried Textra too - I'm not a fan of the material look.
    I used 8SMS when I first got Kitkat. Textra was ok but wasn't impressed. I went back to stock
    04-19-2015 03:16 PM
    I used 8SMS when I first got Kitkat. Textra was ok but wasn't impressed. I went back to stock
    04-19-2015 03:18 PM
    The apn is setup correctly
    04-19-2015 11:30 PM
    Textra is a bit too minimalistic, and some of the things I liked about Handcent are missing. I've helped too many people with issues in the Stock app to consider it an alternative right now. Hangouts has a lot of potential but I've seen even more issues with it than with the stock app. At this rate I may just buy Handcent and go back to that comfy place.
    04-20-2015 08:39 AM