Samsung Galaxy 6 - wifi vs 4G

A

AC Question

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy 6 on Saturday. I also have a Blackberry Bold provided by my job. Both are AT&T. At my house, the Blackberry gets excellent reception (full bars), the Samsung gets 1, maybe 2 bars. If I turn on the wifi and connect I lose 4G. The AT&T store said that's the way it is. Should I be needing to turn off wifi to get good reception? Why is the reception so much worse on the Samsung than the Blackberry. I may need to return this phone if I can't get reliable reception in my own home. Any help would be appreciated. This is my first foray into the world of Android.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Signal bar indicators can't always be directly compared between different devices, because the software they use to convert the signal strength into bars might differ. Go to Settings>About Phone, and look at the signal strength--what does it say? Do you actually notice any problems with reception when you're using the phone (either on a call or on mobile data)?

Do you have a case on the S6? Some cases might impact signal reception, especially if they're metal.