Can I fix my soft bricked nexus 4 without wiping my data?

A

AC Question

My phone seems to be soft bricked and the only thing keeping me from doing a factory reset is that I have baby pictures on there. I want to either back up my pictures by saving them on my laptop or somehow unbrick it without losing my pictures. here's some details on what's happening with the phone:

1 - the phone boots, shows the google logo then goes into those 4 colourful dots that fly around and it just stays like that. I left it like this over night and nothing happened.
2 - most of the time my phone does not show up under my computer under devices
3 - on the rare occasion that it does the folder is empty
4 - oddly enough, when I had it showing up on my computer I heard my whatsapp/viber msgs come in. I can sync my whatsapp web when it's like this but wen I unplug the phone I lose access to whatsapp web. I tried to see if my phone would ring or get normal text msgs but it doesn't work.
5 - as far as I can tell my phone is not rooted
6 - sometimes it starts installing drivers sometimes it doesn't.... sometimes it fails and sometimes it's successful

I hope that was clear enough! I've been trying different things for 3 days but my lack of phone knowledge isn't very helpful. it seems like everything leads back to turning usb debugging on but I clearly can't do that because I don't have access to anything on my phone. any help would be greatly appreciated!

thank you

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First, watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJunLOwIQb0

Boot into recovery mode, go to Clear system cache and do that. Then reboot. If that doesn't fix it, see Recovering Deleted Files. If that doesn't work you'll have to do a factory reset (losing your pictures). If even a factory reset doesn't fix it, you'll have to reflash the ROM

Those are the steps in least destructive to most destructive order, as far as your data is concerned.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX