My phone won't work, what can I do?

A

AC Question

My phone just went completly blank a few days ago so i thought it might be the battery. I purchased a new battery and that wasn't the problem. Because even the new battery still wont charge? obviously it is a problem with the phone? but what could it be?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? How long did you let the new battery charge for? Let it charge up for at least 4 hours undisturbed on a wall outlet. If it still doesn't work, try a different charging cable/charging plug, since those can fail as well. If none of that works, it's probably more of an issue with either the Power button or the motherboard, both of which would require you to bring the phone to a repair shop.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. I agree with B. Diddy, in trying a different cable, and charging perhaps in your PC (this will take longer than with the wall plug) and may help show where the issue lies.

You can try contacting Virgin Mobile about this as to what they may be able to do on their end. Otherwise, you can also contact HTC as well.