Ive set up an account to test something but now there is no way to delete it. At least, I cant find how to delete this in the Settings > Accounts.

Anybody?
    04-21-2015 08:19 AM
    Settings > Accounts > select account type (Google, Dropbox, etc) > tap on account to remove > tap Menu (3 dots upper right) > select Remove account.

If it's not listed in Settings > Accounts you should be able to delete it in whatever email client you're using.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-21-2015 09:10 AM
    The only option under the 3 dots is 'cancel sync'. No where I can see remove. Within the Gmail email client > Manage accounts brings you to the settings. No way to remove that imap account from there.
    04-21-2015 10:47 AM
    What phone are you using? Have you looked in the user manual? There has to be a way to remove accounts.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    04-21-2015 11:10 AM
    Yes. Nexus 9 tablet with Lollipop.
    04-22-2015 04:38 AM
    If you disable syncing of said account, they the "remove account" option will appear...
    Crashdamage likes this.
    05-06-2015 12:13 PM
    I am having this same problem of going in circles. I have disabled syncing but still unable to delete. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S5 with lollipop. I was able to delete the account on my tablet which is running jellybean.
    09-11-2015 04:55 PM
    Hey, I ve the solution for ur problem.
    Go to accounts in settings .
    Then select the imap account which u wanna delete.
    Then press the right hand upper most corner three dots (option icon).then u shold get the option to cancel sync.
    Press cancel sync.

Then PRESS AND HOLD THE SAME RIGHT HAND TOP SIDE CORNER OPTION button /three dots for 2 or 3 seconds.
    Then another small option bar Wil pop up up to ur left side of screen which reads
    "More options".

Click on it and Vola !!...
    U can see the "remove account " option in the next screen page u reach. Use the same right side top button. For the above function once again.

Worked method on lollipop 5.0.2 Samsung galaxy A7
    11-03-2015 02:48 PM
    Nope. That removes the account settings, but the emails remain..... all the folders and their contents.
    Is there a way to delete these ? not that I've found.
    You can delete the emails one at a time. That's all.
    Android is shockingly terrible at many things. .
    02-10-2016 01:13 PM
    It's not Android, it's that phones don't have full-featured email clients. Connect any real email program (like Thunderbird) to the account and it's trivial to delete all the email in that account. To delete the account itself (including all the email in it), go to the email's web page. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail - they can all be deleted from their sites.
    Laura Knotek and Crashdamage like this.
    02-10-2016 06:11 PM
    Tap the email address in that view to drill in an additional level of options. then the 3 dot contextual menu will give you the option to remove the account.
    andrewteg likes this.
    01-10-2017 10:49 AM
    Tap the email address in that view to drill in an additional level of options. then the 3 dot contextual menu will give you the option to remove the account.
    Thanks, this was it for me... I only had one so didn't realize I could tap on the IMAP email address to get into its settings.
    01-25-2017 03:33 PM
    Hi we have the same problem.But i think i figured it out. My only option is to turn off the SYNC option on my email.The next thing i did was going to Settings>Apps>All>Email>Clear cache>Clear data>Force Stop.Then suddenly my Email was gone..Did this on my lollipop version.Hope this helps!
    belodion likes this.
    02-06-2017 07:39 AM
    I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!!!!! So go through your settings then to the imap ****. Then click on the account you want to delete. Then press that's two lines in a box thing all the way at the lower left part of your screen. Then BAM! Deleted.
    04-04-2017 12:46 PM