How can I get my Google pack to the US version and not the Japanese version?

Paigeken

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
PLEASE HELP...totally untechy and now I am only getting google Japan (i'm in US)

Hi, I am extremely untechy..(older person here). I was trying to get that new app NEKO ATSUME.

I tried to follow some online directions but not sure I got the correct thing. First I downloaded something called TIGERVPNS which it said I needed to get the app. Then I downloaded something called NEKOAPPLI .

Now the internet on my phone is google JAPAN. How can I get it back to google US (I am in the states). Can you explain in steps like I am 5 b/c I seriously don’t know how any of this works or what the terms are. I have a Samsung lite T399.

THANK YOU

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: PLEASE HELP...totally untechy and now I am only getting google Japan (i'm in US)

Your phone is now set up to access the internet via the TigerVPNS server, which is evidently located in Japan, so any site you go to thinks you're in Japan.

Go to TigerVPNS (the app on your phone). Go to settings (probably from the 3 dot menu). Look for something to turn the VPN off. If you find that, turn it off and you should be in business.

Otherwise, go to Settings (on the phone - pull the notification bar down and tap the gear). Go to Wifi, then long-press the wifi you're using (press it for about 3 seconds). Tap Modify network config, check Show advanced options and look at Proxy. It should say None. If it doesn't, change it to None. IP settings should be DHCP - change if not. Back (back button) out of everything, back to normal operation, and when you go to Google you should be in the US Google site. If not, turn the phone off, then turn it back on. (If that still doesn't fix it, post in this thread again.)

(BTW, "older" doesn't mean "not as smart", it just means that you learned about Khrushchev banging his shoe on the desk from the newspaper or TV, not from a history book. For me it means remembering the day FDR died.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay