I dropped my HTC Desire 610 in the toilet (clean water luckily) and put it in rice and left it for 2 days, tried to charge it and it came up with the dead battery screen (yay! Screen is working!) but now won't turn on. The dead battery screen is showing 47% now but after a while the screen goes off and won't turn back on, unless I unplug it and plug it back in, then it goes dead battery for a few seconds before showing the %. Is it dead? Or am I just impatient? Any help? I prised the back off to dry the battery, but haven't removed it as it's held in with wires :/ I really don't want to have to claim off my insurance if I don't have to! Any views?
    04-21-2015 12:56 PM
    Rukbat's guide is informative:

[GUIDE] Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-21-2015 02:27 PM
    Claim the insurance if it covers water damage. Unless it's a satellite phone, it's going to be cheaper to buy a new one at retail price than to fix this one. (Even with some satellite phones, it would be cheaper to replace them.)

The battery charged/showing dead situation means that the motherboard, at least, is shot. Probably the battery too. The case is probably corroded, so it has to be replaced. If you're extremely lucky, the screen didn't leak (it probably did, though). If you have to replace that too, you're already looking at the price of a new phone just in parts. Add all the other little parts, and the labor to put everything together, and the technical term for the phone is "lost cause".

Sorry.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-21-2015 06:11 PM