Friday morning my 2 year old Note 8.0 (Wi-Fi only) was cold and dark. It was plugged in a charger overnight, like I do every night. Won’t wake up, won’t power up, doesn’t charge, no lights. All combination of power, volume up / down and home buttons result in nothing. Some tips say the BIOS might need restarting. I had someone follow the instructions for restarting BIOS (remove battery, press power on for 60 seconds), nothing. He thinks the battery might be bad. I am waiting for a new battery to arrive. What if that doesn’t fix it?
    04-21-2015 05:02 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! In that case, it's probably either a problem with the power button or with the motherboard. Either way, you'd need to bring it to a repair shop (unless you want to take the thing apart and do some serious tinkering).
    04-22-2015 01:03 AM
    Friday morning my 2 year old Note 8.0 (Wi-Fi only) was cold and dark. It was plugged in a charger overnight, like I do every night. Won’t wake up, won’t power up, doesn’t charge, no lights. All combination of power, volume up / down and home buttons result in nothing. Some tips say the BIOS might need restarting. I had someone follow the instructions for restarting BIOS (remove battery, press power on for 60 seconds), nothing. He thinks the battery might be bad. I am waiting for a new battery to arrive. What if that doesn’t fix it?
    It might also be worth looking into getting a new tablet if the fixing is too tedious or expensive.

Sent from my splendid Note 4.
    04-22-2015 01:11 AM