Samsung Galaxy S5 sudden battery drain, what could the cause be?

mt_griz99

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S5 sudden battery drain

I have a verizon g5 and even after the lolipop update I was able to get 2 days out of a charge on my phone (after I cleared the cache)

Then the last two days it has been dying in less than a day. This morning I took it off the charger and by the time I got to work (less than 1 hour) it was already down 10% and has been steadily losing about 5% per hour since.

I checked and I have 15 recently updated apps- I am thinking maybe its one of those?
Chrome Browser
Disney Movies Anywhere
Dropbox
Facebook
Google
Google Play Books
Instragram
Rummy
S Health
Samsung Push Services
Slick Deals
SoftCard
Twitter
Yelp
Youtube

Are any of you all experiencing this too? I figure it cant be the battery going bad to have such a sudden shift in how long it lasted and there has to be something different going on with the phone. Its running stock, no customizations or anything.

Thanks- I checked the battery drain and it showed that driod tv was running in the background and I have never even used it. I deleted that app and it seems to be working like it did before.

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 sudden battery drain

What do your battery stats reveal as the main users of charge?

Also, you can test whether any third-party apps are giving trouble by booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables third-party apps. But I think that the battery stats will prove to be the more fruitful line of enquiry for the moment. We can then take it from there.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 sudden battery drain

Agree. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy