Something changed my home screen on my Galaxy S5 and now I cannot customize it! What should I do?

A

AC Question

Something changed my home screen on my Galaxy S5 and now I cannot customize it!

Recently I have had something pop up asking me if I wanted to open the program in something I think was called Smart Wiz? I had managed to get by that before but obviously this time I didn't! Now I only have 3 pages; home screen which has a flashlight and a magnifier which I cannot get rid of, second page which allowed me to add a few apps, and a contacts page. It is like something has taken over my phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Something changed my home screen on my Galaxy S5 and now I cannot customize it!

Go to Settings/General/Application manager. Find TouchWiz. Tap that, scroll down to the Clear defaults button and tap that. (There's another TouchWiz app - the simplified one. If the first one has Clear defaults disabled, the second one will have it enabled. It's whichever one you told it to always open in.) Once you've cleared defaults on the launcher (that's what TouchWiz is), you'll be asked which launcher you want to use. If you choose one and tap Always, that's the one you'll always get. If you tap "just this time", you'll get the popup every time you need the launcher to run.

Most people find a launcher they're happy with and set it to be the default ("always") one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech