LG G2 power button on back constant flashing?

A

AC Question

So I just upgraded my LG G2 Verizon phone to Lollipop 5.0.2, and now the power button on the back is constantly flashing (about 6 times a second) I've tried rebooting my phone 3 times and it keeps coming back. Anyone know why and how to stop it? It's draining my battery faster because of it.

Gleadogg

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this will help you but... I had the exact same problem. I went into the alarms app (which someone had mentioned), altered some things and it didn't help. Finally, after a while of searching and testing things, I found that the sole reason was because of an app I had called "Light Flow". I had the "Lite" (translation: free) version. I ended up deleting that app and the problem went away. Like I said, unless you have the Light Flow app, this may not be helpful at all.

Good Luck.

Lee Ridgway

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Bump. I have the same problem with the power button flashing on my G2 but I don't and have never had any variation of Light Flow installed. Hoping this will be considered when/if a patch rolls around.

orduckfan

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I had this same problem. the power button led was flashing constantly whenever my phone was asleep. i solved the problem by going to my home screen > menu > settings > display > notification light > rear light tab and unchecked all checkboxes. No more flashing, yay!

djcash519

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue with the power button flashing white about 6 times a second. To fix it I went home screen > menu > settings > display > notification light > rear light tab> uncheck camera face detection. That stopped the excessive flashing and let's you retain it's useful functions.