I dropped my phone a note 3 in a bucket of water a week ago, I have taken it and put it in a bag of rice for 3 days I watched a few videos online on how to dismantle my phone and take out the motherboard / mainboard input the phone and all the pieces in there and on the second day I pulled it out and my screen came on and worked for the full day but then started acting glitchy and blacking in and out so I took it back apart and put it back in the ricefor another 12 hours and put it back together and it's still was blacking In N Out so I used the rubbing alcohol method and soaked the motherboard for 20 minutes and used an old toothbrush and cleaned everything up and let it dry overnight that also did not work, everything on my phone works fine it will boot up the only thing that is wrong is when i hit the power button to pull up my home screen it does not come up the indicator lights on the bottom light up but no screen I can receive calls only because I know where the answer button is on the screen, I can also hear my touch screen working so it's not broken don't think,can someone help me out here and tell me if I shorted something out?? Any info would be greatly appreciated many thanks...
    04-22-2015 08:05 PM
    Any help would be greatly appreciated ...
    04-22-2015 08:18 PM
    The alcohol thing is to be used immediately when the phone gets wet. The longer it sits wet (which it does in rice - it can take a week or more to absorb all the water, which is concentrating the chemicals in it), the more damage occurs. By now, probably the only things from the old phone that are still usable are the plastic parts (assuming the damaged screen didn't damage the new motherboard).

Read Oh, no! My Phone got Wet! so you'll know what to do next time.
    04-22-2015 11:14 PM
    everything works on the phone it boots up fine , I can receive calls & text , Just when I go to pull up my screen all that comes up is a black screen my home screen will flicker in and out sometimes but wont stay up does anyone know why it is doing this? or is there something I can do to it to fix it? where is the screen itself probably ruined and I need to replace it? everything is fully functional except the screen.
    04-23-2015 06:25 AM
    I'm no expert but I think that the fact that the phone is working partially now does not mean that it will go on doing so. Therefore it may be a waste of money to replace the screen, or indeed other parts, in view of the likelihood of complete failure in the fairly near future. But that's just my judgment.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-23-2015 07:22 AM