I had to do a factory reset on my S4.

A

AC Question

Now I've lost all keyboards and Google Voice command is hopeless. Is there any way to circumvent it and install a keyboard? Now I'm unable to use the google voice thing to log in to any of my android, google+, samsung etc. accounts as the voice recognition keeps falling over when you enter numbers, or extra letters and my google account starts 'dufff61...'

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, is there a particular reason why you did a factory reset? Was it having problem before?

Second, what do you mean that you lost all keyboards? Did you have any 3rd party keyboards installed before, like Swiftkey or Fleksy? A factory reset wipes your phone, so you'd have to reinstall them.

What do you mean that your Google account starts "dufff61..."? Is this not your Google account?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Was Google Keyboard preinstalled on the phone, or only the Samsung Keyboard? If you had to install Google Keyboard yourself, then you have to reinstall it from Google Play Store, since a factory reset wipes out all apps except the preinstalled ones. The same goes for Big Buttons Keyboard.

As for other issues--try wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5744.

If you have a microSD card inserted, try unmounting it (in Settings>Storage), removing it, and rebooting. A corrupt card could cause various issues. To check the card, insert it into your computer's SD reader and run chkdsk: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

You could also go to Settings>Accounts and try removing your Google account completely, then add it back again.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Are you able to get into the phone? If so, look at your keyboard settings in Settings, Language & Input, Keyboard & Input Methods.

Posted via the Android Central App