Somehow my automatic update was turned on and my phone installed the new software update (that I've been refusing for a couple weeks) while I was asleep. My phone is now overheating, apps are freezing/crashing, and I no longer have the option to control my ringer from the right button that brings up "device options." I did NOT want this update and wish there was a way to uninstall it from my phone.
    04-23-2015 04:57 PM
    Somehow my automatic update was turned on and my phone installed the new software update (that I've been refusing for a couple weeks)
    You get a certain number of chances to refuse it (I forget how many), then it automatically installs.

I did NOT want this update and wish there was a way to uninstall it from my phone.
    You can, but then you'd have no Android system. (The update isn't something added on that you can take off, it's Android. Uninstall it and there's no Android on the phone.) Depending on the carrier (IOW, if there's no Knox on the phone, and the bootloader isn't locked), you can probably flash 4.4.4 or 4.4.2. You'll get an "out-of-the-box" phone, so back everything up first. (If it's AT&T or Verizon, there's a "minimum version counter" that can only be incremented, not decremented, so once you go to any version 5 [Lollipop] of Android, you can't go back to 4 [KitKat or Jellybean].)
    04-23-2015 10:43 PM
    I have the Samsung Galaxy S5 and I hate it. Ever since after the 4.4.2 update, an annoying water damage pop up keeps popping up. It pops up every time I unplug my phone and reboot and randomly pops up while I'm using the phone. So if I could uninstall software updates it would be great. By the way, it popped up about 15-20 times whole typing this.
    12-14-2015 08:17 PM