So I'm fairly certain it is my phone causing my problems, not the cards themselves.

I bought a cheap (keyword 'cheap') generic 128g microSD for my Note 3. The other card was maxed out and I thought it was about time to get a bigger one. Since I inserted the thing it's been nothing but trouble. I can get info on the card, but some files become corrupt over a short period of time (a day), and some don't even show up as valid in the first place, which they for sure are. Music files specifically have a hard time syncing (I use iSyncr because I have really high-quality music files), and some enter the SD card as corrupt. The phone nor computer can access some files, but around 40% of the files stand unscathed.

So I started to play with formatting. I tried both options available (from right clicking the SD card in the compy), mounted it to my phone, synced data, etc to no avail. I was careful to eject device, unmount, etc. One thing that I recently noticed is that no option for FAT32 is available?? Perhaps there is another way.

Okay, so the obvious answer was I bought a crap SD card. Not a biggie. I recently bought a Samsung SD card, and still had problems. In fact, the phone couldn't even access the thing, it just wanted to format it, which failed every time. Computer showed no issues with the card, but I was luckily able to return it.

Naturally, when I got the new SD card, I misplaced the old one which worked, so I'm going to turn the house upside-down to find it but in the meantime maybe one of you know an easier fix. To be clear, unless I find the old one, I only have a single microSD card which is the generic 128g.

- Maybe I can reinstall a program/update, or install an app?
    - Formatting issues? How to format FAT32 without the option being available by rclicking?

At this point, I'm not fully convinced the card itself doesn't work; I just think there's some miscommunication between the phone and itself.

Ideas?
    04-23-2015 05:04 PM
    I'd format the card in the phone, rather than the computer. In a way it prepares the card for use in the device, to its standards
    04-23-2015 08:28 PM
    Where are you buying your cards?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
    04-24-2015 04:28 AM