I live overseas but purchased a new LG G2 VS980 on a recent visit back to the US.
    The phone says Verizon on it, but I bought the phone because I wanted the LG G2, not because it said Verizon!!

Only when I returned overseas, did I discover that there is a "white noise" coming from the speaker located on the bottom of the phone. The "white noise" occurs when the keyboard is open like when writing a text and while playing any media or during a phone call using speaker phone. Essentially, whenever the phone is "working", it makes this "white noise", even if the phone is on Silent Mode.

I purchased and installed a new speaker, but it did NOT remedy the problem. I also had the phone reformatted but that also did NOT remedy the problem.

Have you encountered the problem? Can you please assist me?
    04-24-2015 08:44 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! How loud is it? When you say you reformatted the phone, I assume you mean you did a factory reset, correct? It sounds like some kind of hardware defect. If the phone was brand new, it is presumably still under warranty--try contacting LG to see what can be done.
    04-24-2015 11:13 AM