Samsung Galaxy S4 running Lollipop upgrade for about a week. AT&T service provider. Everything was fine until last night, when I had a few messages come through with no notification sound or vibration. I double checked my settings. Nothing has changed. I shut down my phone and restarted. I cleared my Messaging cache. Still no sound or vibration for text messages. Can anyone help me?
    04-24-2015 08:48 AM
    Samsung Galaxy S4 running Lollipop upgrade for about a week. AT&T service provider. Everything was fine until last night, when I had a few messages come through with no notification sound or vibration. I double checked my settings. Nothing has changed. I shut down my phone and restarted. I cleared my Messaging cache. Still no sound or vibration for text messages. Can anyone help me?
    Go into the messaging application settings and verify that under notifications, you have sound/vibration settings set. Also, make sure that the phones global sounds/vibration settings are enabled: system settings - sounds.

Let us know how that works.
    04-24-2015 09:50 AM
    I have the same problem ever since I upgraded my Galaxy S4 to Lollipop. The problem is when I have a conversation open, then I don't get the vibrate or the sound notification for any text messages. If I close the conversation, then I get them just fine. It is weird. Lollipop is driving me crazy and this is not the only issue!
    05-19-2015 01:45 PM
    I have the same problem ever since I upgraded my Galaxy S4 to Lollipop. The problem is when I have a conversation open, then I don't get the vibrate or the sound notification for any text messages. If I close the conversation, then I get them just fine. It is weird. Lollipop is driving me crazy and this is not the only issue!
    This Verizon app does play a notification when the message is open. You do not have to be on Verizon to use it and it has a lot of customization, including a top bar and page, and convo bubbles, any color you want. There are a lot of features in it also.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ssaging.vzmsgs
    05-28-2015 08:31 PM