Hello all, first time poster so I apologize if anything I mention here is against the rules.
    A while back I decided I wanted to be brave and root my nexus 5. After following the instructions of a few shotty "how-to's" I vaguely remember one of the steps disabling some kind of usb discovery on my Windows 8.1 laptop. Ever since, this pc hasn't been able to detect the nexus when it's plugged in. Not as a nexus or even an external storage device, nothing, but it worked when I would transfer files on another laptop.
    Thinking this was a problem with my phone, I wiped it (thinking I was only resetting it) only to find out that I completely erased the Operating system as well. I can still get into the teamwin bootloader, but that's it. The phone is a paperweight and has been for months now. I really want to get this working again because I love this device. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    04-24-2015 09:51 AM
    NO WORRIES!!! You can either reload the factory images from here (https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images) or you can download the Wugfresh Nexus Root Toolkit (Nexus Root Toolkit v2.0.5 | WugFresh), which loads the same images, just with a good UI and some good new tools (like reloading TWRP and re-rooting the phone)
    04-24-2015 09:57 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I agree with Leo...I would look at Wugfresh toolkit to see if it can get you back up and running.
    04-24-2015 10:01 AM