I deleted pics, I tried Dr Fone, failed root, now phone continuously restarts, help! What should I do?

A

AC Question

I deleted pics, I tried Dr Fone, failed root, now phone continuously restarts, help!

I inadvertently deleted and album of pictures, instead of ONE, I searched everywhere to fix this...I came across Dr. Phone, well after many unsuccessful attempts my phone finally started to scan. Welp, error popped up "Failed to root"...then the program just stops....Now my phone is on a continuous reboot. It will not stop. Please help.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: I deleted pics, I tried Dr Fone, failed root, now phone continuously restarts, help!

Sorry to hear that. Have you tried booting into recovery mode and doing a factory reset there or tried installing the OS over again? For restoring lost photo's there are a number of ways to try it, I found one app on Google Play (not sure how good it is) https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.baloota.dumpster&hl=en&token=JrWnV6Uk and this may help as well Recover Deleted Photos, Lost Videos from Android Phone/Tablet

dilsea

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: I deleted pics, I tried Dr Fone, failed root, now phone continuously restarts, help!

Im not sure I am rebooting in recovery mode correctly. I should have just left well enough alone and cried over my 400 lost pictures, at least i would still have a working phone. Is recovery the same as safe mode? If so, I did that and it still freezes and restarts.Its also still in developer mode and i dont know how to get out of that.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

No, recovery is a separate operating system you usually get into by holding a volume button while powering up.

@Raptor:
Dumpster has to be installed before you do anything, then instead of deleting anything, you send it to Dumpster. (You can do it manually by creating a folder with a .nomedia file and "deleting" files to that folder.)

The program in your second link requires that the phone be rooted. The seller's comment that rooting "will not cause any issue in getting warranty" makes me suspicious. Rooting and using dd to create an image file to recover deleted pictures from by using PhotoRec is at least guaranteed for all *nix devices.

dilsea

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site

Ok so how do I fix the "failed to root" part, the phone just restarts constantly. I dont have time to download anything.I need to stop it from restarting.

kkkace

May 24, 2016
Visit site

Have you tried the software you introduced in the link?
It says 100% recovery guaranteed but i can not even get the root authorized. So that it equals to 0% guaranteed of recovery. That's a joke

Ezorami

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
Dr Fone, failed root, SOLVED

Hi!
Had the same problem as you (all day today), but I couldn't even get Dr.Fone to get out of "recovery....."-mode. Could not start in safe-mode or recovery-mode, it just went straight to the broken Dr.Fone-screen again.

I dabbled around all day, and this awesome tutorial is what worked:

https://androidmtk.com/root-samsung-galaxy-s5-sm-g900f

It sounds tricky at first, but it's basically "download these files and follow the instructions", took about 10 minutes.
This one is only for Android 5.0, which is why it didn't fully work for me the first time (it didn't boot, and I never saw the red pirate android guy when Odin was rebooting my phone). Meaning, the "CF file" is for Android 5.0, while my phone was 5.3 or something (seems I needed the 6.0).

I googled a bit, and found this directory for other CF files: https://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

Find your phone there, and replace the file called CF-Auto-Root... (it's one of the conveniently downloaded files in the tutorial, it's less complicated than it sounds) to the one that fits if you don't have Android 5.0. I had no idea, so I just tried the two different ones for my galaxy 5S until it worked.

Oh, and when I got into the phone, all apps, pictures etc were untouched :)

I hope this can help someone else as well!

HaaaH

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: Dr Fone, failed root, SOLVED

I registered just to say thank you so much Ezorami, you saved my phone.

A word of advice for anyone thinking about using Dr.Fone: don't.

wispe

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Dr Fone, failed root, SOLVED

Ezorami, I am so thankful you posted! Seconding the plea for others not to use Dr.Fone. I thought I'd never get out of "recovery-mode" limbo. But this fixed everything in under 5 minutes!

fcpp

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
Under no circumstances try to recover a contacts list from Samsung Note 4 with DrFone Trial Version. It bricked my Note 4 and nothing inside their software would help.Despite there being a Recover a bricked phone option on offer.

Kris, a free download from Samsung recovered my phone but sadly lost all data.

Beware of companies offering "Free" Trial versions. I suspect that had I contacted DrFone they would have onl;y helped if I coughed up $$ for the full version. Is this a Scam?

fcpp

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
Its interesting in that a Google search has a whole first page that points at DRFone as the answer. often under different website links. I should have known better. However Kris and a bit of time has my Note 4 recovered but with lost contacts.

Thanks for the feedback

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781