Why are multiple apps closing over and over again on my HTC one m8?

A

AC Question

A day ago several of my apps stopped working. Handcent was one and spider man unlimited another. They open and the close very quickly with no explanation. No force close message, nothing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I've even done a factory wipe but nothing seems to make a difference. I have video of it too if I can post it here.

bc0203

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I've got the same problem with my M8. Three different antivirus programs tell me that there are no rogue apps, but MyFitnessPal and Reddit Is Fun close instantly upon loading. I also got a one time in-app pop-up with Amazon asking me if I want to update their app.

Matt Cotton

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Mine, too. I first noticed it yesterday, April 25th. My Fitness Pal and Growlr have been affected so far.
The My Fitness Pal app opens, but immediately closes.
In Growlr, the app opens okay, but opening a message closes the window right back to the message menu screen.
The Ancestry app doesn't open at all. Verizon Infozone Account Information won't open at all. Uber won't open at all.
Twitter is fine, Duolingo is fine, Flickr is fine, Snapchat is fine, Instagram is fine, Vivofit Connect is fine, Facebook is fine, Youtube is fine, Ebay is fine, Lyft seems to be fine, Google Maps seems fine, Yahoo mail and Gmail seem fine.
I have Android version 5.0.1, HTC Sense version 6.0. I upgraded to Lollipop looks like 3/11/15.
I need my apps!! Help!!!

BE PE

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Same here, lollipop update a month ago. My messaging, Gmail and corporate mail accounts would close as soon as I attempt to type in text. now my Concur app closies when capturing receipts. Advice?

bc0203

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
The culprit is the latest version of Android System Webview. If you roll it back the problems cease. Though I'd pass this along so anyone else who has the problem might benefit.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

kingkong90210

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem. But at the same time multiple other apps also stopped working so that made me think the problem was something else rather than the outlook app.I even updated the outlook app as well as all the other apps that weren't working but none of then would work.I then noticed that there was 2 copies of the outlook app. The original old one and the newer one that I installed (during my attemps to fix all the apps that stopped working).*I then deleted to old outlook app. Suddenly low and behold all the apps srarted working again and the outlook error message dissappear. Woot!This was my solution. Give it a tryClose
A day ago several of my apps stopped working. Handcent was one and spider man unlimited another. They open and the close very quickly with no explanation. No force close message, nothing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I've even done a factory wipe but nothing seems to make a difference. I have video of it too if I can post it here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech