Why can't I play a specific video on my Nexus 4?

A

AC Question

I can't play a specific video on my Nexus 4

I recently filmed a 5 minute video on my Nexus 4 with Android 5.1. Whenever I try to open it, I get this error: "Unable to play this video. Please try again later." Other videos are playing just fine.

I was running low on storage space when filming this, so I just assumed I couldn't play it because I'd ran out. I deleted more than enough to make up, but still can't play it.

I also started filming random videos to see if I ran out again. They played just fine too, until at one point I got an error that basically said "you're out of space, start deleting" and wouldn't let me record. I didn't get any error while filming my main video though. I stopped it myself.

I also tried sending it via Bluetooth to another phone to play it there and I got the same error. It said "cannot play video, the data is incorrect". The video is there, in its full size, I just can't play it.

I've also tried playing it with different apps and it's still not working. Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I can't play a specific video on my Nexus 4

Welcome to Android Central! How about copying it to a computer--can the computer play it? It may just be that the video became corrupt. Or maybe the phone ran out of space while you were taking the video, but you inadvertently skipped past the warning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36