I have looked everywhere to find out exactly what this Vault file is, but there is no reference to it anywhere. Also, why are there so many apps that are not deletable? Like Kindle?
    04-25-2015 04:29 PM
    Vault is data, most likely associated with an app of that name or that function (like a password vault).

Apps that came with the phone are normally installed as system apps, and can only be uninstalled if you root.
    04-25-2015 05:20 PM
    Ok so I came across this problem recently too. It seems Vault is a folder of files that have been downloaded throughout the use of your phone. I wouldn't delete the whole thing until you know what's in there. That being said, there is a solution!!!

(Note: I have a Samsung S5 so this may be slightly different for others.)
    Go to Apps --> My Files
    Under Device Storage, your phone's folders are listed. Find Vault. You can then open the folder and view what exactly is taking up space, and delete whatever you think is not necessary. I wouldn't delete any app related files if you're not sure; my folder was full of stupid downloaded pictures from websites I had visited, which all got deleted.
    Alternatives: my phone offers a Search option when I open My Files, so I just searched for "Vault" and was lead directly to it. Also, if you really can't figure it out on the phone, another option would be to connect your phone to you computer and use Windows Explorer to search for Vault and delete any unnecessary files.

Hope this helped!
    06-24-2016 11:42 AM