Hey. I've been using my phone (Nexus 5, andrid 5.1) for its BT hotspot since I have it. This morning it stopped working. When I went to Settings > Tethering & portable hotspot and tried to activate Portable Wi-fi hotspot, it does not 'flick' on and goes light grey. I noticed a few hours later that the Bluetooth connections are not working, and apparently Bluetooth and (regular) wifi are the same. Can't turn them on.
    Wifi is stuck on the "Turning Wifi on" and Bluetooth does the same as the Hotspot, which is flicks on for a second and returning to off before showing me any list of connections - that it had already had.

I've just done a Factory data reset, and it worked, but it seems the problem persists. That's not good.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks, Uri
    04-25-2015 08:15 PM
    I have the same issue for some tine now.The wifi connection is grey out and wont turned on. I have tried everything from hard reset to safe mode to rebootibg router to changing the frequency to regular reboot .I have read all the forms and tried everything.But unfortently still doesnt work.It is very disappointing I have the phone for berly two month and it doesnt work properly. Also the BT connection is broken. It rebots itself and cant stay connected to the car set, to earphones, generly to all BT devices.he wifi connection is grey out and wont turned on. I have tried everything from hard reset to safe mode to rebootibg router to changing the frequency to regular reboot .I have read all the forms and tried everything.But unfortently still doesnt work.It is very disappointing I have the phone for berly two month and it doesnt work properly. Also the BT connection is broken. It rebots itself and cant stay connected to the car set, to earphones, generly to all BT devices.

Kindly your help
    Keren

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-26-2015 12:45 PM
    Hi,

Same problem, distinc network provider and country (TEF-Spain)

Wifi and Bluetooth won´t go on, soft and hard reset won´t work (5.1.1).

Also facing business trips this week and I´ll be let down datawise... it makes it tempting to go back to the apple...

If anyone can help, very much appreciated
    09-01-2015 02:50 AM
    The issue is hardware. The same thing happened to my Nexus 5. Wifi was stuck at "Wifi Turning On...". I fixed it. First, here's what I tried that didn't work.

I rooted and flashed different roms on it did not work. The Wifi is flakey it comes and goes and then just stops working all together. I went as much as ordering a set of repair tools on ebay to open up the Nexus 5 to see what's going on. Didn't see anything wrong with it. I took out the NFC/Qi module attached to the module. The Wifi works perfectly, but the thing is when I detached it, it didn't read the sim card so that's not going to work.

I found this fix by accident and it's not mentioned anywhere on the Internet. I use Logitech Drive+ in my car, it contains a pretty strong magnet. I used that to dock my phone in the car while I'm driving. My Wifi was dead for a few days couldn't turn it on and I was not using the dock. I needed to use navigation one day so I docked it on the Logitech Drive+. At the end of the day when I got home, my Wifi was working again. At the time time I didn't know the magnet had any affect on fixing the Wifi. So I used the Wifi for like an hour, it dies again and won't connect for a few days while didn't use the dock. I used the dock again driving home. My Wifi is back, but it worked for only an hour again. It just hit me, the magnet might doing something keeping my Wifi alive. So I started experimenting with the Logitech Drive+ and using the strong magnet side of it and wipe it across the back around the camera where the Wifi/BT module resides. After a few wipes, my Wifi came back on. Whoa. I might be onto something.

Since then I have bought strong tiny magnets that you can find on ebay for maybe $0.99 and put 4 of them laid out in 2x2 right below the LED. My Wifi works like 90% of the time when I need it now. Hey its better than nothing. I'll post a picture of it later when I get back on. I'm also using the latest cyanogenmod now.
    09-17-2015 01:49 PM