I have an Xperia ZL C5606. For the past two months or so, things have randomly been breaking on it. Started with the microphone, then the speaker, then front camera. No water damage or anything. I suspected that it's the motherboard... I've been using it for the time being with these problems until I upgrade.

Anyways, today I lost service randomly. It seemed like a spot where I would -I was outside of the city- , so I didn't think anything of it. However, when I was back in city limits -and my friends with the same carrier all had service- I rebooted my phone, took the SIM out, and eventually got it hooked up with the network again.

However, my phone is not acting as if it is hooked up to a network. I cannot make calls or send and receive text messages. None of my internet-dependent apps work either. On wifi it's the same thing; it shows up as connected but I cannot use any internet.

I'm wondering if this is a phone issue or something that is more likely to be a problem with software. Thank you in advance.
    04-25-2015 09:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Given the other problems you're having, I would suspect a hardware issue. It might just be the SIM, so getting a replacement SIM might help. But if it's the motherboard, then the phone is probably on its last legs.
    04-27-2015 10:49 AM