I used my Galaxy tab for a bit before I went on a two week trip, leaving it behind. There was charge left in it before I left for my trip and the two weeks turned into a month. So now, I went to turn it on, and it cant turn on. It cant charge. Ive tried holding down the power/ volume button, blowing into the sockets, using a USB port.. and it doesnt work. If I have to replace my battery, I cant becuase my tab cannot open. I hope someone answers.

My model is a GT-P5113. Thanks~
    04-26-2015 11:11 AM
    You could try an extended charge, say for a day, but if no go, and all your charging equpiment is good and working, a new battery may be required.
    Please bear in mind that charging a fully discharged battery is not without its dangers.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-26-2015 12:17 PM
    The battery can be replaced, but it has to be done in a shop, because the tablet has to be taken apart. Otherwise, as belodion said, leave it plugged in for 24 hours and see what happens. Charging it for an hour then checking it won't give you much, because if the battery is really low, the first hour puts almost no charge into it. (If it's fully discharged, charging it could result in an explosion, which is why the connection depends on there being at least some charge left. If the battery is completely flat, it's not connected to the wires, so you can't charge it, so the danger is actually more theoretical in a real situation. [In a lab they can blow batteries up by connecting to the insides of the battery.])
    04-26-2015 04:38 PM