I badly cracked the screen of my S4 mini. Stupidly I got a replacement phone through 3 paid the excess rather than just getting the screen replaced. Now I have the frustrating problem of most of my data being on my old phone. It still works enough to plug into the computer and it isn't locked. What do I need to do (in THE MOST BASIC STEP BY STEP ***** PROOF way) to get stuff from old phone to new? Calendar, messages, progress on games, alarms etc would be great. Can anyone help?
    04-26-2015 11:47 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It can be difficult to move everything over, because you can't just copy and paste files for everything. Ideally, your Calendar events and Contacts would have been saved to your Google account (not the Phone/Device account), because all of that Google data gets instantly synced and backed up to your Google account in the cloud. If they were just saved to the local Phone account, then unless you were regularly syncing with a 3rd party program like Kies, they're stuck on the phone.

As I mentioned above, you can't really copy files or folders from one phone to another if you want to transfer things like SMS or app data. An app like Helium can backup your app data, but it needs to be installed to your phone, and since you can't use your phone, it doesn't really help.

This guide probably won't help you now, but hopefully it may be useful in the future to prevent the problem you're facing now. http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...ml#post4268152
    04-27-2015 12:52 AM