Galaxy S3 Battery draining faster than charging?!

A

AC Question

I've been searching the internet for two hours but I can't fit a solution... Boost Mobile is closed today too so I can't go in to have it looked at for another 24+ hours.

Yesterday I hooked my s3 up to the charger when the battery was around 20%. I continued to use it and noticed it wasn't charging at all. It would go up a percent if I put it down for a few minutes but that was it. Otherwise it would slowly go down one percent at a time. I plugged it in to charge overnight when I went to bed (it was still turned on). When I woke up, the light was green which usually signals the battery is at 100%. I used it for about 30 minutes straight and all of a sudden I noticed it was down to 30%. I restarted my phone thinking it was a problem with the indicator. When it came back on, it was at 20%! I turned it off again and took out the battery. When I turned it back on, it was then down to 9%. Going off the advice of other forums, I drained it down to 0% and then plugged it in and now I'm leaving it alone to see what happens.

Is there a fix for this? Is it my battery or my actual phone? I did the spin test and my battery is not bulging. I also inspected my charger and my phone and both are fine (I also tried a different charger and a different outlet to no avail). I've only had this phone for about 10 months. Help!!

Danny Teunissen

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like your battery is dead . I have here 2 samsung s3 fones and both batteries are dead. It's a commen problem on the s3 it eats batteries. When you pull out your battery look behind the side. You will see Iets not flat anny more. But more round. Is it round buy a other battery.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Also, if the phone is using more current than it's capable of drawing from the charger (that's part of the phone design - using a larger charger won't change it), it's also using current from the battery. Turn the phone off and it should charge in a couple of hours. If it doesn't hold the charge for long (say it holds about half as long as it did when it was new, or even 3/4 as long), the battery is on its last legs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781