why can't I download music on my Samsug Galaxy S3?

A

AC Question

I recently purchased a Galaxy S3, and I am using the same Mp3 download app that I have always used on my old device (HTC Evo Design). All of the downloads fail, and the following message appears on the screen 'Unable to create directory: storage/emulated/0/material music downloader'. I have tried many different apps now, many different songs, with no luck. I have been resarching this for several days and it seems it may have something to do with my SD card. All of the music from my old device is on the SD card and I can access and play the music with no problem, however if I try to create a ring tone and save it, it will not save. I have been able to find subjects in forums regarding problems downloading files with similar messages, but then the thread becomes a little too complicated for .my skill set. Your help is very appreciated

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What's the exact name of the MP3 downloader? Was it installed from Google Play Store, or from some other source? It's always possible that the app might not be entirely compatible with the phone--if it's not compatible, it wouldn't be available on Google Play Store.

/storage/emulated/0/ would be on the main Internal Storage, not on the SD card, so it sounds like the app is having trouble creating directories on Internal Storage. Not sure why this might be happening. Have you tried emailing the developer?