Can't find widget section on my Galaxy S4 since Lollipop update, where could it be?

A

AC Question

Can't find widget section on my Galaxy S4 since Lollipop update

I used to be able to find my widgets next to the app section on my Galaxy S4 but since I installed the Android Lollipop update, I can't find it anymore. My calendar widget I used to use is also gone and isn't displaying anymore.

Any one as a hint on what to do? Thanks

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can't find widget section on my Galaxy S4 since Lollipop update

Welcome to Android Central.

Have you tried long-pressing on a blank area of a home page?

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I used to be able to find my widgets next to the app section on my Galaxy S4 but since I installed the Android Lollipop update, I can't find it anymore. My calendar widget I used to use is also gone and isn't displaying anymore.

Any one as a hint on what to do? Thanks

Long press on the home screen and select widgets. Look for the widget you want and set it anywhere on the home screen. Also, the desired widget may still be there, but may look different due to the update.

kmyt12

May 9, 2015
Visit site

I had the same problem. I found the widgets...hold down on the main screen, but now it tells me the touchwiz home has stopped. Suggestions anyone?

flowerchld

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

I'm having the exact same problem! Anytime I try to move a widget or add one to the home screen I get "Unfortunately, TouchWiz home has stopped." HELP!

flowerchld

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

Ok, so this worked for me..... It was fixed by going to settings –> my device –> motions and gestures. Turn off all motion any gestures.
Still sucks not being able to use these motion features.

marilan

May 16, 2015
Visit site

Hi, I went through this update and lost my calendar widget. I did press and hold the home screen, found a calendar widget, but it's a blank calendar. Help! I need my calendar back!

loafcat

May 17, 2015
Visit site

I had the same issue. Widgets stopped updating their displays after my S4 was updated to Lollipop. This affected the Google Calendar widget (displayed blank, but I could click on it to get to the Calendar app), the Flashlight widget (icon wouldn't turn green when on), and the Alarm widget (I could edit alarms and save them, but display would never update.) Everything seems to work OK now since I went into Settings --> Motions and gestures and disabled Palm motion.
Hope this works for you.

marilan

May 16, 2015
Visit site

Thank you, loafcat. I don't seem to have the other issues you mentioned, but tried disabling the Palm motion anyway. Unfortunately, it didn't solve the calendar issue. I'll need to re-enter, or just go back to using my hard-copy datebook. Too bad, I was growing accustom to the convenience of having a calendar on my phone!

mojoecool

May 17, 2015
Visit site

After updating my S4 (I9500) to Lollipop, I'm not having the widget issue (per se), BUT I am having the SAME PROBLEM with TouchWiz crashing whenever I long press on the home screen, whether it be to edit my apps on screen or to add anything.... hoping for similar solution!

kimmdean

May 24, 2015
Visit site

I have a similar problem... I did the update yesterday & I lost my widgets on my home screens. When I opened my widgets to place them again, my stock calendar widget is gone... it is no longer there for me to choose. I had everything in that calendar...

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I have a similar problem... I did the update yesterday & I lost my widgets on my home screens. When I opened my widgets to place them again, my stock calendar widget is gone... it is no longer there for me to choose. I had everything in that calendar...
Welcome to Android Central.

There have been a few queries like this as you say. I don't understand (as I don't have Lollipop on my Samsung) why you cannot use the Calendar icon.

Are people talking about the S-Planner widget or the Google Calendar (blue) widget. Either app can display Samsung Calendar entries, Google Calendar entries, or My Calendar which is the Samsung device only Calendar (though it could be synced to the Samsung Kies pc program).

If the Samsung Calendar entries were not synced to the Samsung account prior to the update, I guess they may not re-appear though they should. Likewise if My Calendar entries were not saved to a pc, it's possible they could be lost with such a large update, though they shouldn't in theory.
I would expect Google Calendar entries would be saved if Master Sync was regularly on.

If calendars are important, I think they shouldn't be entrusted to a single device.
Do I think people have a right to complain if they weren't warned they could lose their calendar entries? Absolutely, it shouldn't happen.

Have you tried the calendar icons?

jlmurray

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site

I have tried not to install the Samsung upgrade. But accidently touch the switch. Lost The widget app. Lost my calender so annoyed. WELL FOUND IT. Just tape the bottom left of the phone gently. Next to button.
And it comes up. Otherwise hold your finger where you do not have an app but space on a home page. Widget will come up at the bottom. Good Luck