How to transfer and play music from SD card?

A

AC Question

How to transfer and play music from SD card

Hi

I just purchased an Android phone (I am a new user), the model is an Acer Z2200 and runs on Lollipop 5. I only have 8 GB storage, 4 of them goes to running the phone.

Using Google Music Play, it does not allow me to play from the mirco SD card I mounted on the phone. The Settings has no selection for me to select play from SD card. It only allows me to transfer music and play from internal storage. Can someone advise me how to use Google Music Play? It is very complicated for I am used to the Apple system (though closed) but it is very simple.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to transfer and play music from SD card

Welcome to Android Central! In KitKat and above, apps need to have specific permissions to access the SD card, but I would assume that Google Play Music would have that permission. Are you transferring mp3 files to the microSD card from the computer? Or are you trying to download music from Google Play Music onto the SD card? The latter feature isn't available on all phones (and clearly not on yours).

So what you should try is to transfer mp3 files to the microSD card (into a folder called "Music"). Arrange it in the usual folder hierarchy of Artist>Album>Song. Now in the Google Play Music app, swipe in from the left, and flip the "Downloaded Only" switch. Now tap Settings>Refresh Music. Go back to My Library--do you see your music now?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance