I have had the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit that says the phone has low memory but I don't know why?

A

AC Question

I have had the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit for about 1 month. I bought the phone as part of the family share program with T mobile. The SD card I purchased is 2 gb. I have taken some photos and downloaded some apps but not ALOT. Now I keep getting a message on my phone stating that I near to clear out files because I have the family share program with T mobile. The SD card I purchased is 2 gb. I have taken some photos and downloaded some apps but not ALOT. Now I keep getting a message on my phone stating that I near to clear out files because I have low memory. Given that I had another phone for five years with years worth of photos why am I having this issue. I have taken off every applications, photos and files I can. I am really getting frustrated with this situation and now considering getting another phone and throwing this new but very frustrating away. Suggestions as to what I can do with this memory issues?