Note 4 Completely Unresponsive after drop but has flashing blue LED, how can I fix this?

JR_12387

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Note 4 Completely Unresponsive after drop, but has flashing blue LED

HI All,

I recently dropped my note 4 from waist height and it hit hard = ( ... It's cracked the screen, but it's also been very odd since then. The touch screen and ALL buttons are completely unresponsive. I have a black screen and even the back/recent buttons do not light up. However, the ere is a flashing turquoise/blue led still. Lighter than the blue LED for text messages, but flashes regularly.

When I connect the USB cable, I can still access the folders/files on the phone - so it's not dead, just unresponsive. I've tried the 20 hold of power/volume, etc. But I was wondering if anyone has encountered this with the note or other galaxy device. I also tried connecting it to a TV with a MHL cable, but didn't get anything. Not sure if that's the device's issue or not though.

I do have insurance and will file a claim, but I was most interested in being able to interact with someone what so i could make sure I copy all the information to the new phone, including notes and app configuration, etc.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 4 Completely Unresponsive after drop, but has flashing blue LED

Welcome.
It's a bummer, but it sounds like it needs to be checked out for possible repair. The screen is damaged.
Take it to a corporate location of your carrier and see if they can check it over.
If you have insurance, that could be the way to go.

Mav. :cool:

JR_12387

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the info Mav! I will definitely file a claim with my insurance, was just trying to find a way to interact with my device and make sure I get everything copied properly onto the replacement.

Thanks again!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

You can use Samsung Kies or the newer Smart Switch to make a backup file covering most things, if you plan to get another.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Should do. If your pc can read the folders, you have the drivers and the Lock screen was not pin/pw locked.
I re-installed Kies, (it was hogging 100gb of pc backups!), and was urged to upgrade to Smart Switch (which was a different useless program in 2013). I installed Smart Switch as well. Now have a backup on both. Kies does syncing and media transfer as well, but I would recommend using Smart Switch first, it's newer and smoother. There is a Smart Switch app as well, but you don't need it for a usb backup.

Also hopefully you will have had most boxes checked on your Samsung account, if you remember your log in. It does things like Internet Bookmarks, S-Note (but Smart Switch covers that too) Calendar and Scrapbook.

Smart Switch backed up files:
d26594b3e04ff88f2bb3314553080296.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig