Sound adjust but no screen?

A

AC Question

Hey everyone,

I got a 2013 Nexus 7 tablet last spring, and it's worked completely fine with few bumps (like last week, when I reset it from scratch to help the wifi speeds). Completely vanilla, nothing crazy ever installed onto it. Today, I came home from class and my tablet was sitting exactly where I'd left it on my bed, but off and refusing to turn on. I've ran through hundreds of fixes, and I get notification sounds and the sound effects from running the tablet itself, but no light on the screen. I can adjust the sound, and hear when I get a notification, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the screen back on. Anything I can do before I take it back and get a new one, since it's under warranty?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like the screen failed, probably from some defect. Was there ever any water exposure? Water damage can be delayed.

You could try forcing a power off by pressing and holding Power for about 15 seconds. Then wait 10 seconds and try powering on again. If the Google logo and the swirling dots don't appear, then the screen is shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781