Some apps don't open as of three days ago. Why?

A

AC Question

Some apps don't open as of three days ago.

For the past few days I've had problems with some apps (Huffington Post, Bank of America). These apps try to open but close out. I've tried uninstall/reinstall and even reset back to factory defaults but having the same problem. I've also noticed that on Facebook app when I scroll down, at some point, the app closes.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts appreciated.
THanks.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Some apps don't open as of three days ago.

Welcome to Android Central.

Are you using an SD card? It may be bad.

Also, try a Cache Partition wipe.

Also, consider Safe Mode, which will test whether a third-party app is causing problems.

Let us know how you get on.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? If it's the M8, it may be due to the latest Android System WebView update--it's been pretty well-documented so far. Uninstall that update.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

That's an HTC One M8. As I mentioned in my previous post, it might be due to the latest Android System WebView update. Go to Settings>App Manager>All, select Android System WebView, and Uninstall Updates.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Glad it helped. I had to uninstall the updates from my wife's M8 as well. Waiting for the next update to show up on my Nexus 5 (where it works fine), so that I'll know to try again with the M8 (which assumes that the next update is meant to correct this issue).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12