HTC One M8 battery drain FAST after Lollipop

A

AC Question

I don't understand how Google, HTC, and Verizon can all put out such a crappy release with such a glaring and obvious problem. From what I read, almost everyone with every phone on every network is having major battery issues after this release. I loved my M8 and its battery was lasting 16 hours on one charge with heavy phone, text, and browsing use. Now, it literally drains by the minute. 10% in 15 or 20 minutes. Won't last more than 2 hours while doing nothing. If I make a few calls, it lasts less than an hour. Big difference between 16 hours and 1 hour!!! HTC and Verizon told me I needed to clear the cache, so I did - NO CHANGE. Then they told me I needed to do a factory reset (what a pain in the a**). I did that and still NO CHANGE. What a crock. I'm ready to throw my phone out the window, except for the fact that I spent $650 on it just a few months ago (that was the only way to keep my Verizon unlimited data plan). When is Google/HTC/Verizon going to fix this horrible release so my phone can actually be used as a phone and not a paper weight? Horrible, horrible, horrible...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's frustrating. Can you show us some battery stats? Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

The two things I would focus on right now are cell signal and SD card. Weak cell signal eats battery. So does a corrupt SD card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome