I'm confused.
    I have used the Outlook.com app for a while. Microsoft has an "Microsoft Outlook" android app.
    Should i dump one for the other?
    Is the outlook.com app going to go away?

What's the deal?
    04-28-2015 06:35 PM
    I think the Microsoft Outlook app was a beta version until just recently (I noticed that they no longer say beta in the app description). This app is supposed to be more fully functional than the Outlook.com app (e.g., you can actually view your Outlook calendar from within the app, instead of having to switch to the phone's Calendar app). But the reviews suggest it's still pretty buggy, so I probably wouldn't switch over completely yet.
    Laura Knotek and russell1997 like this.
    04-28-2015 06:52 PM
    I think the Microsoft Outlook app was a beta version until just recently (I noticed that they no longer say beta in the app description). This app is supposed to be more fully functional than the Outlook.com app (e.g., you can actually view your Outlook calendar from within the app, instead of having to switch to the phone's Calendar app). But the reviews suggest it's still pretty buggy, so I probably wouldn't switch over completely yet.
    I believe most of the bugs involve using work email accounts (Exchange) as one would do with desktop PC Outlook.

I'm using the Outlook app with an outlook.com and a Gmail address, and I haven't experienced any bugs. Yes, the reason I like it is precisely because it also includes calendar, not just email.

I've never tried the outlook.com app, so I have no idea if it's good, bad or otherwise.
    B. Diddy and russell1997 like this.
    04-28-2015 08:30 PM
    I installed the newer Microsoft Outlook on both my devices as well as my wife's devices. I guess we'll give it a go.
    Thanks for all the advice!
    Laura Knotek and B. Diddy like this.
    04-29-2015 07:10 PM