Not a phone issue. Current phone is LG G3 Vista, but last phone did same thing (it was a Samsung Galaxy S3) Not a location issue. It has happened to me in Arizona, Nevada, and California at varied times and places. Doesn't matter where the phone is in the car either.
    04-30-2015 11:45 PM
    If it's not the phone and it's not the location, the only thing in common that's left is you, and I don't believe in magic. It may be that you're using it in a way that it can't get a signal - it should be on or very close to the dashboard when you're in a car. If you use it under a heavy tree cover, and the leaves are wet (any time they're green) you won't get much signal. If the weather is really bad you won't get much signal. (Samsungs have a problem like that, and there's a software fix, but the G3 shouldn't.) You could try bringing it in to your carrier and seeing if it misbehaves there.

Or install GPS Status & Toolbox so you can see what's happening - how many satellites should be visible, how many are and how many the receiver can lock to.
    05-01-2015 10:59 PM