My google maps nav loses gps signal OFTEN.

A

AC Question

Not a phone issue. Current phone is LG G3 Vista, but last phone did same thing (it was a Samsung Galaxy S3) Not a location issue. It has happened to me in Arizona, Nevada, and California at varied times and places. Doesn't matter where the phone is in the car either.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's not the phone and it's not the location, the only thing in common that's left is you, and I don't believe in magic. It may be that you're using it in a way that it can't get a signal - it should be on or very close to the dashboard when you're in a car. If you use it under a heavy tree cover, and the leaves are wet (any time they're green) you won't get much signal. If the weather is really bad you won't get much signal. (Samsungs have a problem like that, and there's a software fix, but the G3 shouldn't.) You could try bringing it in to your carrier and seeing if it misbehaves there.

Or install GPS Status & Toolbox so you can see what's happening - how many satellites should be visible, how many are and how many the receiver can lock to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow