Suggestions: App Store

A

AC Question

They need to allow for refunds on apps that simply don't work. A dollar isn't much but I am tired of buying apps that don't work and having no recourse. (Gear S)

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
You know you have, and I do think this is rediculous but it's something, 15 minutes to test out paid apps and return them for refund. Now sure what they think 15 minutes is going to do for someone but it is something. I've seen reports of people getting GPS or shopping apps when they are where they need to be so that if they don't work or work well they can return them. You can see more detail in the article below.

You Can Still Get a Refund From Google Play After the 15 Minute Window

If you are good with your words, I've also seen users that have contacted devs and been refunded when major issues arise with apps. With that I'm not sure if that is same day notification of the problem, or what the time frame is, but reputable devs will work with you if their apps don't work and you ended up paying for one. Is your dollar worth a few minutes of your time and an email? Probably spent more time than that logging in to AC and starting this tread...

Be sure to mention what device and OS you're using, and the problem with the app. They probably won't respond to, "It doesn't work". They may even use your feedback to improve the app so that it will work.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think the 15 minutes window has been elongated to a few hours. But VidJunky is right. If you go into the app on Play, similar to how your purchased it, there is a green button in the same place as Install/purchase. If you are in the refund window, it will say refund, and prompt an approval to uninstall the app.