i dropped my phone and it won't turn on now.

A

AC Question

it seems to be cracked from the inside. Can i fix this or do I hav to buy a new one. I have a galaxy s5 on tmobile

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

Since you can't know the extent of the damage, trying to repair it yourself is probably not worthwhile. You might end up having thrown a lot of money into it, but still not working.

Posted via the Android Central App

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
You should get it check out by a phone repair man first. If he can't do nothing for you then you should go ahead and buy a new s5 aka the bandaid phone.

Sent from Mr. Mobile Nations using Tapatalk

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As Josiah implied, you won't know whether it pays to repair until you find out how much it's going to cost to repair. A new screen or a new motherboard isn't as expensive as a good used phone. If more than one major thing broke, it may not pay to fix it.

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
My friend has the same problem. His galaxy s3 screen won't turn on but the touch keys on the bottom of the phone will light up. He said some led light that makes us see the screen has broke inside his phone. If you know how to disassemble your phone, fix the problem and assemble it back, then you could go that route. That piece might be cheap, but if you broke the digitizer (a piece that makes phone touchscreen) then that will cost you some $$. I recommend going to a repair man because that will cost you less than buying a new s5.

Sent from Mr. Mobile Nations using a Samsung Galaxy S5!
d6439575bb5c4382b56acb51a1564d7e.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae