Hi, after a system update my battery was draining very quickly. To save myself the hassle, I backed up my ph and did a factory reset - but once rebooted the battery was still draining quickly. I did not load any 3rd party apps.

After that, I recharged my phone and put it into safe mode for a whole day and a half and the battery was back to normal.

How long can I keep it in safe mode until I can find help to fix my issue? Does keeping it in safe mode damage the ph?

Would really like to know what I need to do from here if anyone knows?
    05-03-2015 03:08 AM
    Oh btw I already replaced the battery earlier and I've had the phone running perfectly for almost 2 years now.......
    05-03-2015 03:35 AM
    Welcome to Android Central.

If you have no third-party apps, then Safe Mode cannot be doing anything useful....so far as I am aware. Exit Safe Mode. If your battery life worsens, the cause must lie elsewhere.
    So far as I know, leaving a phone in Safe Mode does no harm.

Compare a day's battery usage stats with the phone in Safe Mode, to those with it in Normal Mode. That may indicate the cause of the trouble.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-03-2015 05:09 AM
    Ok thank you, I couldn't find any answers to my safe mode concerns before your reply.
    And so today I've taken it out of safe mode as suggested and again the battery is draining dramatically.
    As mentioned it's factory reset with only the default apps, like vodafone & google, to name a few.
    I'm still looking through links, suggestions & troubleshooting tips for advice on anything that follows the factory reset steps any further.
    It couldn't be a ph hardware issue if the battery is ok in safe mode could it?
    05-03-2015 06:51 PM